Write a writing plan for the assignment as mentioned below. A good writing plan contains:
– An adequate and concise description of the reason you are going to write your advice. The reason why I choose H&M for this assignment is because H&M is a fast fashion brand that has been accused of ‘greenwashing’ over plans to make garments of sustainable material and failing to ensure fair wages for factory workers. Also, the fast fashion industry is one of the biggest environment polluters and water consumers in the world. I want to write an advice for H&M on how H&M can contribute to the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water and sanitation), SDG 8 (decent work and economic growth), SDG 12 (responsible consumption and production) and SDG 13 (climate action).
– The objectives of the advice. Describe concisely what the research is trying to achieve.
– The main questions you are going to answer with your advice (and sub-questions). I was thinking about the following main question: ”How can the fast fashion brand H&M contribute to the achievement of SDG 6, 8, 12 and 13?” and the following sub-questions:
– What is fast fashion?
– What are the impacts of H&M’s supply chain on society and the environment?
– What are the future goals and ambitions of H&M in terms of sustainable development?
– What efforts is H&M currently making towards increasing sustainability?
I’m not sure if these are good sub-questions, but if you have any other sub-questions, please add it in the paper.
– A detailed text structure for the advice. Write an outline for the research paper.
– A preliminary reference list. For the assignment I have to use four mandatory sources (see attached files). In addition to the mandatory sources, I want to find more sources about the fast fashion industry and its impact on the environment.
Some additional sources I found myself:
The writing test for Professional English class consists of a written advice for a specific existing company (in this case H&M) regarding the implementation of SDG’s in the company’s business strategy. For this assignment you have to use four mandatory sources (see attached files):
– The SDG Compass Guide
– Business and sustainable development goals by Rob van Tulder
– The company’s most recent annual report (this gives an insight into how the company currently addresses sustainability issues)
– Text A: Sustainable development goals for people and planet
In addition to the mandatory sources mentioned above, you can add more sources you found yourself. Collect relevant literature/articles you have to use for your advice. How ethical is H&M? How sustainable is the H&M Conscious collection? You can try to find more information about that.
In the SDG Compass Guide, five steps for implementing sustainability in a business’s strategy are explained. Four of these five steps form the framework of your advice; what the general contents of each step are, is briefly summarized below.
1) Understanding SDG’s: provide a theoretical framework in which you explain what SDG’s are, why they were introduced and how they are connected to CSR. Also, you have to discuss relevant research on this subject.
2) Setting priorities: discuss the company’s value chain and identify in which area or areas specific sustainability goals could have the most impact. Make sure to substantiate your choices, at least referring to the theoretical framework.
3) Setting goals: discuss relevant goals for the company to set and substantiate your claims with relevant arguments.
4) Integrating SDG’s: propose a way for the company to integrate the recommended SDG’s into its core business, as explained in the SDG Compass Guide.
In addition to these four steps, add an appropriate introduction and conclusion (a call for action) to your advice. Also, make sure you refer to the sources you used, using the APA style in the text and reference list. Finally, make sure to start your advice with an executive summary.
– Think of a main research question you are going to answer with your advice (and sub-questions). All research questions should be:
Focused on a single problem or issue
Researchable using primary and/or secondary sources
Feasible to answer within the timeframe and practical constraints
Specific enough to answer thoroughly
Complex enough to develop the answer over the space of a paper
– Your advice consists of a minimum of 2500 and a maximum of 4000 words, not counting the executive summary and reference list.
– You have to paraphrase information from the sources you used. Please take the professional context into account.
– Please make sure to acquaint yourself with the rubrics, see attached files. The rubrics are not only meant to assess your writing skills by the time you will have handed in your final result, they also provide guidance during the writing process. See attached files for the rubrics.
– Pay attention to the lay-out!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.