CASE STUDY: adidas Group: IT Multi-Sourcing at adidas
Prepare adidas case for class discussion. Prepare a brief write-up (no more than 5 pages) on the case addressing following issues:
· Which kind of risk would diminish with multi-sourcing? Which kind of risk are enhance?
· Multisourcing in context of automobile industry, mentioned at a few places in the case, probably means sourcing for parts from different suppliers. Is that a good parallel for IT services consumed by a firm?
· Is the term multi sourcing applied to service delivery as well as project delivery?
· What are IT related capabilities need to achieve goals specified on page 4? Do these capabilities were already available to adidas in 2012?
· Is the IT governance well defined at adidas? Will you describe IT governance as centralized, decentralized, or hybrid? Did it achieve high level of business and IT alignment?
· Would you be rather among the top ten customers of a service provider than 257 of large service provider? After all the large service provider most got to where it is by excelling in servicing its customers.
· Why would questions “What functions or tasks should I outsource?” and “What do I want to internally?” lead to different answer? Aren’t these two questions two sides of the same coin?
· Does adidas really need CMMI level 5 and CMMI level 4 vendors?
· Who would bear the cost of going through the learning curve to understand clients business?
· If the overall project is given to a single vendor who then engages other vendors, will we still call it multi sourcing? Wasn’t Adidas creating and artificial layer of bureaucracy?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.